Sunday, August 16, 2015

Fables and Folktales - The Hare and the Tortoise


Last Friday, we read the story of The Hare and the Tortoise.


I got out a little toy turtle and bunny for our Hare and Tortoise. Miss M really liked using these when telling the story.

After our story, we played a game called Finish Line. We took turns rolling the cube and moving our game pieces.  

Miss M had a lot of fun with this but every time I moved my piece or showed her to move hers, she’d move them right back to the start to their pictures on the game board. She made it into her own little game.


Next, I got out our My Little Journal and put on a slow song on the Circle Time CD. I sat down with Miss M and traced her hand on the cover. We talked about how it’s good to be kind and helpful.


We tried coloring slowly and then we turned to the back cover and tried to trace the dotted paths to the finish lines.


Miss M decided she wanted to try to trace her hand again by herself.


I got out some painter’s tape and made an oval path on the floor (well sort of an oval path lol). I grabbed a ball and tried to get Miss M to kick the ball along the path. She tried a couple times but didn’t really stay along the tape path.


She thought it was hilarious when I was showing her how to kick the ball along the oval path and sat there cracking up laughing.


Our book for today was The Little Engine That Could.   

No comments:

Post a Comment