Saturday, August 1, 2015

Nature Detectives - Living In the Dirt

 
Tuesday, we learned about animals living in the dirt.
 

Our first activity for the day was called Underground Story.


We were given a little storytelling set with some animal pieces. I gave Miss M one piece and as I read our Little Theatre Script (from day 18), I tried to have her listen for the animal that she was holding and to put it on the background picture. She really enjoyed this and even tried singing along with me a few times at the parts of our little play where the animals were singing.
They’d sing “Dig, dig, dig in the dirt. Come and join the party” to the tune of “Skip to My Lou.”


Miss M decided to have her own little bunny come join in with the party.


One of our kitties wanted to join in as well apparently lol.


Our next activity was Who Loves in a Hole? Mother Goose Time provided us with a little bilingual book and some animal pictures to go along with it. I cut apart the pictures and put them in a bowl. I explained that there are many animals that live in holes. I had her pull one animal out and we’d name it.

After we named all the animals, we glued the pictures to the page they’re supposed to go with and then stapled our little book together.

 
Our last activity was Mushroom House.
I gave Miss M a paper cup and plate. Together we tried different ways of stacking them. Then I helped her cut a little door in the cup and then we decorated our plate and cup to make them look like a little Mushroom house. We even got to put some little white stickers on the top of our mushroom house too. She really liked those.
 
Here, we pretended this was a little “starfish” living in our mushroom house.


Today, we decided to read our “Get Close to Nature!” book again. Miss M really enjoys this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment